[vet-mm] OT - Help Please - Anti-Virus Software recommendations?

Keith Richardson keithcr at fastmail.fm
Thu Jul 27 11:59:31 EST 2006

Please forgive cross-posts.
Hello everyone.
We have an anti-virus software crisis and I would appreciate any advice
possible.
We have been using VET but they are forcing a change on us that is not
compatible so we need to look elsewhere.
Here is the QUESTION posed by my technician:

"Anti virus question to those members of the group that have Novell file
servers with XP workstations.
 What antivirus solution do you have in place with server based updates?
 How efficient is this?
 Does it affect network performance, if not what speed does network run
at?
 Any recomendations for a low grade network?
 Thanks."

Any advice will be most appreciated.
In anticipation, thank you!
Keith