[vet-mm] vet-mm newbie

Claire Bloom rcmhome at optusnet.com.au
Mon Jan 23 20:54:16 EST 2006

Welcome Paul,
I don't think you'll find many resources that are specifically produced
for the VET MM Certificates.
Have a look at the mailing list resource collection
http://www.edulists.com.au/vet-mm/
Join the MM teachers association http://www.pixeled.org.au/ (being on
the committee, I'm a bit biased about this one!), and given your
experience with web design, we might ask you to run some PD for us!!! ;-)
QATS, put out by Warringal Publications, give you some good sample tasks
for Cert 3, and, of course, you need to have a good look at the past
exams and examiners reports,
if your students are doing Yr 12 scored assessment.
Otherwise there are lots of web and book-based resources depending on
what unit you are looking at and the software you are using.
However, there is really no text or work books specific to the courses
apart from the ones you mention.
Someone told me that there is a MM book put out by Australian Training
Products but I haven't seen it, so can't comment.
Not a great help but it's a start!
Claire Bloom :-)
Warandyte High