[vet-mm] audio

Michael Abulencia michael.abulencia at rmit.edu.au
Thu Aug 3 13:47:11 EST 2006

Hi Jeanean,

What modules of competency are you setting the audio exercises against
with.
That would determine how much scope you'd go to in the audio
exercises.

When I was teaching, I'd always tackle the basics of analog and
digital, pitch, tempo, waves, time, etc.  That provides a very basic
introduction.  Suzanne's suggestion is fantastic too. Podcasting would
take it to another level: distribution.  You can then link it to other
competency modules you'd like to address.

I think my Audcaity guide is still in the VITTA (www.vitta.org)
resources page and the podcasting guide will be included in the Infonet
publication too.  Else, here is the podcasting guide
www.dlsweb.rmit.edu.au/set/pace/podcast/guide.pdf

Feel free to print, distribute, use for lighting fire : ), etc.

Best regards,

Michael

Michael Abulencia

Web Support Officer
Program and Course Enhancement Group (SET)
RMIT University

phone: + (61 3) 9925 2663
fax: + (61 3) 9925 9028

PaCE website http://www.rmit.edu.au/set/ad/pace

PaCE blog
http://raws.adc.rmit.edu.au/~e42069/blog2/

>>> "ARNOTT Suzanne" <SA at emc.vic.edu.au> 03/08/2006 11:00 >>>
I'm looking at getting them to create a pod cast... still working on
the
nuts and bolts, but I think it should fit in nicely, and appropriate
with new technologies, so covers a few areas :)
I haven't been happy with how I have covered it previously, seemed too
mickey mouse... I think a pod cast would be more real....
Happy for any feedback, and when I get something more concrete I will
post here.

Suzanne Arnott
Assistant Manager of ICT
Photography and Multimedia Coordinator