[vet-mm] Adobe Premiere Elements

claire claire at warrandytehigh.vic.edu.au
Thu Oct 13 10:40:27 EST 2005

Paul,
Students do not have to use  video or sound software in the exam. The titles they have access to are spelled out by VCAA eg see latest VCAA exam bulletin
The main exam tasks involve editing images with graphics software (Photoshop, Corel or Fireworks are allowed), making webpages (Dreamweaver or Frontpage) and 2D animation (Flash or Director)
VCAA also issued an interesting document earlier in the year, where they interviewed a number of industry people about what they thought students should be able to do. It includes mention of specific titles, but is advice only - not mandated.
Essentially, the title is not important, it is being able to adapt and transfer generic skills from package to package, knowing where to get advice, how to use help etc etc. But the reality is that you don’t want kids in a year 12 exam using a package they are unfamiliar with.

In cert 2 you have greater flexibility, although I would recommend you train the kids in the software they will use in the exam - don't leave it to cert 3.
You can go with the video software you have and there are free audio titles like audacity that could be used for sound. I just like the integrated Sony package and it's not too expensive.
Claire Bloom :-)
Warrandyte High