[vet-mm] Flash help

Con Zymaris conz at cyber.com.au
Wed Jun 22 11:03:56 EST 2005

On Wed, Jun 22, 2005 at 10:57:52AM +1000, Richmond, Pamela M wrote:
> Can anyone help or offer advice about where we could get some PD on using FLASH for Cert II in Multimedia?
>
> I have left my MM class to take on another position and our new teacher, Kara, needs some help with using Flash, preferably before Term 3 begins!
>
> We have the Macromedia Studio MX suite - I taught myself last year using various tutorials I could get my hands on, but it was quite difficult because of the different versions of Flash. Because we are situated in Mallacoota (Far East Gippsland) it is difficult attending a 1 day workshop near Melbourne.
>
> Does anyone know of good online tutorials, other resources or else workshops closer to us?
>
> I would also like to thank all the mailing list contributors for your useful handy hints and assistance in the past - I could never have coped without this list!

Pam,

I don't know to what level you want to be doing Flash, but if all you want
is to get the kids to do some animation (slides, text, images etc.) then
perhaps consider using OpenOffice.org. This product allows your students
to create PowerPoint slideshows doing cool animation, then you can export
them into standard Flash movies/SWF files, then view them in your web
browser.

Download OpenOffice.org 2.0 for free from:

 www.openoffice.org

Cheers,

Con Zymaris, Convenor
Open Source Victoria