[vet-mm] Off Topic - Windows XP and Serv Pack 2 Incompatibility

Mario myannaka at bigpond.net.au
Wed Jun 15 11:28:56 EST 2005

Dear List,

 The only way that Windows Xp service pack 2 runs successfully is if you install it from scratch i.e. reformat all your drives and partition them. And then you will probably still need some upgraded devices.

Three times now I have installed sp2 and it has behaved differently on all three occasions so I took it off...It basically slowed down my system and most importantly it did not run all of my applications. Thank god Microsoft created an excellent uninstall of service pack 2 just so I could revert back to service pack one without a glitch....

I've got a standalone computer, imagine what its gonna do on a network?

In my opinion leave service pack 2 in the store and on the shelf. By the way Microsoft offer service pack 2 for free at places like Officeworks. No wonder!

Anyway this is just my experience and thoughts.

Mario Yannakakis

---- Keith Richardson <keithcr at fastmail.fm> wrote:
> Hi all.

The following has been reported to me - I am wondering if anyone has

experienced this?

We were contemplating purchasing a lab full of new computers running XP

Service Pack 2.

We want to be able to continue using Office2000 plus many more pieces of

software, common throughout the school. Other computers are running

either Win 2000 or 98SE.

Any thoughts?

Many thanks, Keith

Keith Richardson