[vet-mm] software

claire rcmhome at optusnet.com.au
Fri Dec 9 18:46:53 EST 2005

Interesting for those looking at software upgrades or just starting to
gear up for VET MM.

An extract from
http://www.adobe.com/aboutadobe/pressroom/pressreleases/200512/120505AdobeAcquiresMacromedia.html

"SAN JOSE, Calif. - Dec. 5, 2005 - Adobe Systems Incorporated today
announced the completion of its acquisition of Macromedia, Inc. The
transaction was finalized on Saturday, Dec. 3, 2005...
This week the company will begin executing the planned integration of
the two companies' operations, networks and customer care organizations
to ensure a smooth transition and immediate value for customers,
partners and investors. As part of the initial integration of product
portfolios, Adobe today announced three new product bundles that combine
the design and publishing power of Adobe® Creative Suite 2 and Adobe
video tools with the interactive strength of just-released Macromedia
Flash Professional 8 and Macromedia Studio 8 software..."

and
http://www.adobe.com/aboutadobe/pressroom/pressreleases/200512/120505Bundles.html

"...the Adobe Design Bundle combines Adobe Creative Suite 2 Premium with
Flash Professional 8 software; the Adobe Web Bundle brings together
Adobe Creative Suite 2 Premium and Studio 8; and the Adobe Video Bundle
delivers Adobe video solutions coupled with Flash Professional 8. The
Adobe Design Bundle and Web Bundle are available for purchase today and
the Adobe Video Bundle is expected to ship in early 2006."

I bet we education buyers will find prices reflect Adobe price
structures, not Macromedia!
Claire :-)
Warrandyte High