[vet-mm] Re: Sincere Apologies From Tootega -- from Kevork

Keith Richardson keithcr at fastmail.fm
Fri Apr 29 21:21:44 EST 2005

Yes Margaret, I agree - 'public scathings' should be avoided at all
cost.
The NATURE of our response is critically important. A wise person once
said to me that what we remember of incidents is not what we learnt but
HOW WE FELT. I try very hard to remember this when I deal with difficult
situations be they with students, parents, fellow teachers or complete
strangers. Let them feel good, or feel positive, or feel valued, or feel
that they own a part of important decisions...
However it also takes courage to 'put oneself out on a limb', as it
were, risking criticism, so I would like to encourage every visitor to
these great lists to 'take the risk' and contribute. Even if others
(some) may not agree with you, there are freequently many who silently
clap, glad that YOU said it and they didn't have to.
I am delighted that we have so many commercial people working hard at
making our lives in schools a little easier. I love it whan they are
genuinely passionate about what they are creating or offering. Kevork's
suggestion that they send brief emails (definitely tiny in size!!!)
linking us to a website with additional information is certainly the way
to go. Please let us not scare them off.
Regards, Keith