[Technical] Do you use a helpdesk system or just regular email foruser-support and job tracking?

Kevork Krozian Kroset at novell1.fhc.vic.edu.au
Tue Jul 29 16:00:12 EST 2008

Hi Folks,

 We wrote our own based on asp with an Access Database back end. It works very well not least because it allows us to tweak to suit our needs.
Eg. Alerts and updates to both job request person and technician, the use of comments ( both "public" for the job requesting person and "private" for the technician(s)  ) to monitor jobs , response times analysis and the use of SMS and email to keep up to date with what is going on.
 I know many schools have no such luxury but it has served us well.

Kind Regards

Kevork Krozian
IT Manager , Forest Hill College
k.krozian at fhc.vic.edu.au
http://www.fhc.vic.edu.au
Mobile: 0419 356 034

>>> "Jason Clarke" <JCL at gwsc.vic.edu.au> 29/07/2008 3:49 pm >>>
Hi Paul,

We use Request Tracker. RT for short. Made by Best Practical.

It's a complete PAIN (understatement since the dawn of creation) to
setup. I would not recommend it.

We've found that its improved our workflow out of sight. We have far far
less interruptions and we can set priorities much better.

Staff and students can submit faults through our intranet.

I would very much recommend setting up a Web Based and Email Based job
tracking system. There are a few around. Grab VMWare, install a new OS,
test out the packages. I believe that the new Microsoft SharePoint
'stuff' might be able to be bent to your needs.

Cheers,

Jason Clarke
Network Manager
Glen Waverley S.C.