[Technical] Windows vs. Novell

Shaun Turner STurner at nagle.vic.edu.au
Wed Jul 16 10:42:43 EST 2008

Agreed. Support companies will generally avoid anything other than
Microsoft as it doesn't take much skill IMO to run and setup a Microsoft
network.

We up until April where a novel site. Reasons for the change I wont go
through in public as it was a management decision, not an IT based one.

Novell is rock solid, and with its move into a Linux direction it gives
the flexibility that for some years it hasn't really had. I would go
back there again if I had the option. As far as windows only apps go, we
only had 1 windows server to run these from, and with no need for file
system access it was easy, but there are Novell native tools out there
for sharing login information if needed.

Shaun Turner
Nagle College, Bairnsdale