[Technical] Google Images

Grant Frazer gfrazer at fintona.vic.edu.au
Tue May 22 09:46:27 EST 2007

Hi All,

I would like to investigate how schools are dealing with google images.
At present we have in place a ban on google images which has been active
for four years.  This ban came into place due to the inappropriate
images that were being displayed whilst the students did relatively
innocent searches.   There has been a fair bit of discussion at Fintona
on google images and allowing it for students as it is perceived to be
safer to use than it was four years ago.  What I would like to determine
for this discussion here is how other schools have addressed google
images, mainly do they perceive it safe/ unsafe.  If unsafe what
alternatives do they recommend?

Thanks.

Grant Frazer
Information and Communication Technologies Manager
Fintona Girls School
79 Balwyn Rd,
Balwyn, VIC, 3103
Ph +61 3 98301388
Fax. +61 3 98885682
<http://www.fintona.vic.edu.au <http://www.fintona.vic.edu.au/> >

The information contained in this e-mail message and any attached files
may be confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient
any
use, disclosure or copying of this e-mail is unauthorized. If you have
received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender immediately by
reply e-mail and delete all copies of this transmission together with
any
attachments.