[Technical] Content Management Systems

Stephen Digby digby.stephen.p at edumail.vic.gov.au
Thu May 10 22:26:45 EST 2007

No email address supplied.
Moodle - free, excellent built in tools for education (grading, submission, choices, surveys, wikis etc)
Blackboard - expensive, for-profit, anti-open source company ((but happy to build in access to open source
systems where it doesn't ooffer functionality e.g.), excellent built in tools for education
eWorkspace - sounds good, don't know much about it,
SharePoint - MS corporate ducument retreival and discussion host.  Few tools oriented specifically for
educational needs.

Suggest moodle is the best bet esp if its development pace continues.

Stephen Digby, Learning Technology Manager
mailto: admin at cheltsec.vic.edu.au
Cheltenham Secondary College www.cheltsec.vic.edu.au
Ph: 613 955 55 955  Fx: 9555 8617 Mb: 0431-701-028
Rome did not create a great empire by having meetings; they did it by killing all those who opposed them.