[Technical] OT - Anti-Virus Software for Network - a Query

Grant Frazer gfrazer at fintona.vic.edu.au
Fri May 19 09:31:58 EST 2006

Hi Keith,

I would be interested to hear about the forced changes VET are making.
We have been using innoculateIT which is a product of Computer
Associates (which also owns VET) without a problem for over three years
on our 160 computers and we have not had any virus issues for that
amount of time.  The SMTP agent for the email server also works quite
well in filtering our emails for viruses and banned extensions. I also
know of some other schools running innoculateIT with 300+ pc's on their
Novell network without any issues as well so I am quite interested to
hear about these changes and how they could be affecting you and
potentially other schools who may be in the same boat.

Grant Frazer
Information and Communication Technologies Manager
Fintona Girls School
79 Balwyn Rd,
Balwyn, VIC, 3103
Ph +61 3 98301388
Fax. +61 3 98885682
<http://www.fintona.vic.edu.au>

The information contained in this e-mail message and any attached files
may be confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient
any
use, disclosure or copying of this e-mail is unauthorized. If you have
received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender immediately by
reply e-mail and delete all copies of this transmission together with
any
attachments.