[Technical] Notebooks for New Staff - DET needs to help

Jim Maunder techo at ruyton.vic.edu.au
Fri Feb 24 08:59:46 EST 2006

At 07:17 AM 24/02/2006, you wrote:
>On Thu, Feb 23, 2006 at 11:45:29PM +1100, David Rayment wrote:
> > Macs consume more problems due to the fact everybody (including my 4
> > year old niece) knows windows.
[snipped]

>hmmm, now where do I begin with this one? ;-)
>
>1) Have you ever tried your niece on a Mac? I'd bet a 6-pack that she'd
>    find it far more intuitive than Windows.

I've spent over 25 years developing my intuition for using 'pooters,
and none of them are intrinsically 'intuitive' IMHO!

I suspect that with Macs the main problem is a PEBUAK*.

* problem exists between user and keyboard

We have to use this Disclaimer

Views, opinions, etc. expressed reflect those of the author and not
Ruyton Girls' School

Jim Maunder
Ruyton Girls School
Melbourne, Australia