[Technical] Open Clip Art Library

Donna Benjamin me at catscratch.net
Tue Oct 18 23:47:47 EST 2005

Try Inkscape Keith.
It's a vector drawing program (eg adobe illustrator)

http://www.inkscape.org/download.php

Inkscape is an Open Source vector graphics editor, with capabilities
similar to Illustrator, Freehand, CorelDraw, or Xara X using the W3C
standard Scalable Vector Graphics  (SVG) file format. Supported SVG
features include shapes, paths, text, markers, clones, alpha blending,
transforms, gradients, patterns, and grouping. Inkscape also supports
Creative Commons meta-data, node editing, layers, complex path
operations, bitmap tracing, text-on-path, flowed text, direct XML
editing, and more. It imports formats such as Postscript, EPS, JPEG,
PNG, and TIFF and exports PNG as well as multiple vector-based formats.

Inkscape's main goal is to create a powerful and convenient drawing tool
fully compliant with XML, SVG, and CSS standards. We also aim to
maintain a thriving user and developer community by using open,
community-oriented development process, and by making sure Inkscape is
easy to learn, to use, and to extend.

On Tue, 2005-10-18 at 22:10 +1000, Keith Richardson wrote:
> Thank you Con - what programs would one use to work with these?
> Keith
>

> On Tue, 18 Oct 2005 14:11:51 +1000, "Con Zymaris" <conz at cyber.com.au>
> said:
> > http://www.desktoplinux.com/news/NS2169306418.html
> >
> > Release 0.18 of Open Clip Art Library, containing over 6,900 scalable
> > vector graphics (SVG) files created by more than 500 artists, is now
> > available for download and use, project developer Jon Phillips said
> > Monday. The Open Clip Art Library is a cooperative effort between artists
> > and users.
> >
> >  --
> > Authority and
> > http://www.vitta.org.au  - VITTA Victorian Information Technology
> > Teachers Association Inc
> Keith Richardson
> Leibler Yavneh College
> Elsternwick Ph (03)9528 4911
> keithcr at fastmail.fm

B) Don't give up your biological right to think.
kattekrab betekent catscratch in het nederlands
http://www.livejournal.com/~users/kattekrab