[Technical] Off Topic - Windows XP and Serv Pack 2 Incompatibility

David Dawson dgdawson at mgs.vic.edu.au
Wed Jun 15 11:52:31 EST 2005

I had a laptop lose its wireless connection after it auto-installed SP2
overnight!
Firewall has to be configured carefully
Network connections may become an issue if you are not careful especially
with non MS AV software or firewalls or anti-spyware.
Some old devices may not work.
Some ACER computers no longer allow Fn+F5 to connect to a digital data
projector.
Otherwise it is mostly OK - I needed it before I could install MS Visual C++
.Net version.
Seems slower to me ..... And it wants to control you more.
Have fun
David Dawson