[Technical] Off Topic - Windows XP and Serv Pack 2 Incompatibility

Clarky clark.ian.c at edumail.vic.gov.au
Wed Jun 15 10:56:48 EST 2005

-----Original Message-----
From: tech-bounces at edulists.com.au [mailto:tech-bounces at edulists.com.au] On
Behalf Of Keith Richardson
Sent: Wednesday, 15 June 2005 10:35 AM
To: List IS; List Multi-Media; List Tech; ListYr7-10it; List IP&M; List
Moodle
Subject: [Technical] Off Topic - Windows XP and Serv Pack 2 Incompatibility

Hi all.
The following has been reported to me - I am wondering if anyone has
experienced this?
We were contemplating purchasing a lab full of new computers running XP
Service Pack 2.
We want to be able to continue using Office2000 plus many more pieces of
software, common throughout the school. Other computers are running either
Win 2000 or 98SE.
---------------------------

Hi Keith,

Haven't run into any problems with the couple of hundred XP boxes I've
upgraded to Service Pack 2.

Because they're not connected directly to the Internet - there's a router in
the way - I've disabled the inbuilt firewall that now gets switched on by
default.

If you're running an Active Directory domain, you can set this in Group
Policy centrally and the setting spreads to all your workstations.

Cheers,
Clarky