[Technical] Backup Assist

Clark, Ian C clark.ian.c at edumail.vic.gov.au
Mon Aug 1 10:19:38 EST 2005

-----Original Message-----
From: tech-bounces at edulists.com.au
[mailto:tech-bounces at edulists.com.au]On Behalf Of Grant Frazer
Sent: Friday, July 29, 2005 2:06 PM
To: Technical Discussion in Schools Mailing List
Subject: RE: [Technical] Backup Assist

Hi Ian,

The REV drive does have a drive letter but when the NT Backup utility
starts to access the REV drive it gets a "E:\ is not a valid drive, or
you do not have access" message.  I can create and delete files from the
REV drive using "My Computer" I can also use a script with FORMAT and
XCOPY to delete and transfer files onto it.  Computer Associates
ARCserver quite happily backs up to the REV drive.  So it is quite
puzzling why NT Backup is discriminating against it.
--------

Hi Grant,

You may have a real problem there.

To see, put your nearest memory key in and use NT Backup to archive a text file to it.

If that works, there's something not right about that drive!

---
P.s. Sorry about the delayed reply a new chicken shop opened in Balwyn,
long queues but very nice chicken!
---

Were you brave enough to go the egg salad?  :-)

Cheers,
Clarky

Important -