[Year 12 SofDev] Folio of Designs

ATKINSON-BUCK, Damien Damien.ATKINSON-BUCK at ivanhoe.com.au
Tue May 17 12:14:05 AEST 2016

Hi Ben,
            The way I looked at it was they should have at least 3 designs for the input and the output screens, and had then see if they could annotate some good points and bad points about each (considering different devices etc.) Once they sorted that out, I asked for object descriptions, data dictionaries and psuedocode for the design they eventually chose.
I did a little experiment to get the ball rolling with them and introduced Google Design Sprint concepts - I showed the video here<http://techcrunch.com/2013/10/23/inside-a-google-ventures-design-sprint/>, then gave them 4 minutes to come up with 3 input designs - 2 of which had to be for different devices and again for the output. The time limit worked amazingly, they almost all got 3 done. I then gave them a bit longer to finish off and flesh out any of those a bit more before taking them back to the client to view and discuss...... this part makes me nervous on how to mark their evaluation of efficient and effective designs, as it's realistically the client's choice.
Hoping I'm on the right track!

Damien Atkinson-Buck
Head of Learning Area: Technology/Arts
<http://>

[http://www.ivanhoe.com.au]<http://www.ivanhoe.com.au/>

The Ridgeway, Ivanhoe VIC 3079 Australia

p. +61 3 9490 3848

e. damien.atkinson-buck at ivanhoe.com.au

w. www.ivanhoe.com.au<http://www.ivanhoe.com.au>