[Year 12 SofDev] Eval Criteria - quantity

Lisa Kerekes Lisa.Kerekes at donvale.vic.edu.au
Mon May 2 10:36:55 AEST 2016

Hi all,

Am getting my students to start writing evaluation criteria prior to design.
In the assessment rubric under Criteria 3, a 'medium-high' indicates that a "complete set of eval criteria" will address:

-        Functional requirements

-        Non-functional requirements
A 'high' mark requires students to address those, but to present a "comprehensive set" that also addresses:

-        Effectiveness

-        Efficiency

Here's my question:
Since my students have written between 10 and 30 F and NF requirements (based on their solution and how detail-oriented the kid is).... How many evaluation criteria would you expect from your students, to satisfactorily demonstrate a 'high' level of achievement? I want to avoid squashing students with the workload too.

Your thoughts would be much appreciated :)

Lisa Kerekes
Secondary Teacher
Phone: (03) 9844 2471 Ext: 266
 [cid:image001.jpg at 01D1A45E.8A75C4B0]