[Year 12 SofDev] Use Case

Mark mark at vceit.com
Tue Apr 26 12:48:05 AEST 2016

Hi Mary

The whole UCD is odd. I'm wondering why a UCD is written for the *current*
system. If it's going into an SRS, should the UCD not describe the
functionality of the proposed *new* system?

Use cases are usually shown as programmable functional requirements of the
new proposed system (in a verb/noun format), such as 'Convert
Measurements', 'Solve Equations'.
This UCD implies that the finished system can 'find component
specifications' and 'ask mentor for equations', etc. This is obviously not
what the solution should be able to *do*.

As for actors, who will be using the system? To whom will the system send
data, or request data? They should be shown as actors.
I suppose a UCD *could* have only one actor, but it's not common.

Oh - and the <<extends>> should all be <<includes>> since they are not
conditional.
If they *are* conditional, the condition should be attached. And if they
*are* <<extends>>, the arrows' directions need to be reversed.

Mark