[Year 12 SofDev] B3 - cost effective

Margaret Iaquinto Margaret.Iaquinto at stleonards.vic.edu.au
Tue Nov 20 15:00:07 EST 2012

A9 - Students must know the definitions of efficiency and effectiveness to answer this. I sure hope my students did well since I reviewed these definitions regularly during the year.

In B3, however, the term 'cost effective' is used. Since 1991 I have stressed the definitions of efficiency and effectiveness and have not ever used 'cost effective'. Where did this come from? Did anyone else have a problem with it? And since we already have a question about efficiency and effectiveness, why another one? I recognise that there is some help when the question says 'produce code quickly' and differentiates it from 'quality of the program' so students can separate these concepts.

Look, I'm not jumping up and down about the question but it strikes me as odd.

Any comment from folks out there?

Maggie
[http://server7.stleonards.vic.edu.au/images/stleonardslogo.png]

'Margaret Iaquinto  ICT Coordinator