[Year 12 SofDev] Outcome 2 - Data Dictionaries and Data Structure Diagrams

Esther Andrews ANDREWS.Esther at BSSC.EDU.AU
Thu May 12 12:51:11 EST 2011

I was looking at the study design with reference to the marking scheme.
One of the differences this year is that we have data structures included.
The study design requires Data Structure Diagrams. What are people doing for this? As the simple module (our students will create one record structure, one file) how can we create a data structure diagram when there is only one data structure? Even the simplified Entity Relationship Diagrams require two entities.
Data Dictionaries include a table for the data elements (what we've done in recent years) and ALSO the definition of any data structures. Are you including those?
I've attached a slideshow of what I think we should be including.
Any feedback on that?

Regards,
Esther

From: sofdev-bounces at edulists.com.au [mailto:sofdev-bounces at edulists.com.au] On Behalf Of Mark KELLY
Sent: Thursday, 12 May 2011 9:46 AM
To: Year 12 Software Development Teachers' Mailing List
Subject: [Year 12 SofDev] Sample SD U3O2 - Beebay

Hi all.  It is with no little trepidation that I offer the attached sample U3O2. It was adapted from the detailed example in the study design.
I'm very unsure about the use of CD/DFD/UCD in the SRS because it's only a module in a larger system and none of those tools seem useful.

I'd like feedback on the marking scheme - having to divvy up the 60 marks is a big decision.

Feel free to use/adapt/toss this as you see fit.  Feedback is very welcome.

Cheers
Mark

kel at mckinnonsc.vic.edu.au<mailto:kel at mckinnonsc.vic.edu.au>

Want a good time? Call 0112358. Ask for Mr Fibonacci.