[Year 12 SofDev] Possibly Starting SofDev at our school next year

Howard, David dhoward at stmichaels.vic.edu.au
Mon May 2 15:50:40 EST 2011

Hi Ben,

We have a virtual machine here that is accessible from outside so that my SD students can run their PHP scripts from home. You don't need a virtual machine but it is handy.

XAMPP will run fine for processing PHP if that is your chosen language.

http://www.apachefriends.org/en/xampp.html

There is a version for Mac students also.

My students use Dreamweaver to write their PHP code, it colour codes is nicely but that's about it.

Cheers

David Howard
Acting Head of IT & Online Learning

[cid:image002.jpg at 01CC08E0.B03E6F40]

25 Chapel Street, St Kilda VIC 3182 Australia

Phone +61 3 8530 3272
Fax +61 3 9510 9392
Email dhoward at stmichaels.vic.edu.au<mailto:dhoward at stmichaels.vic.edu.au>
Website www.stmichaels.vic.edu.au<http://www.stmichaels.vic.edu.au/>