[Year 12 SofDev] U4O2 KK - Techniques for testing network security

Andrew Shortell shortell at get2me.net
Tue Aug 23 11:23:34 EST 2011

User access to other areas
Users being able to change their permissions (e.g. Student has full
permissions to their home directory and then removes administrator and
system from their directory and thus no supervision and no control and can
add any one else!!)
Running exe files from sticks
Denial of service
Auto scans on file open
³sniffing² for hidden shares ­ esp ones set up by students
Wireless access to strays? (e.g. Google street view cars) - incidentally I
have not heard anything about ³war chalking² for a few years
Access to resources ­ e.g. Do your students have access to the printer in
the staff room?

Andrew

--
Andrew Shortell