[Year 12 SofDev] SD U3O2 KK05- formatting and structural characteristics of efficient and effective input and output

Don Morelli (Optus) da_morelli at optusnet.com.au
Sun Sep 19 12:17:46 EST 2010

Mark, as this is for the prototype smallish program, I don't think that they
want us to go into this type of depth unless we are talking about reading a
data file type of input and output of a file. And if they did, I think that
maybe just CSV, HTML or XML or some simple format.

The example that they give for U3O2 is that the input will be entry of a
postcode and coupon type, both are examples of the usual type of manual
input that we have used in the past. Also in the activities that they list,
they talk about using examples of input for each type of data structure that
we use, so I don't think that they intend it to be much different to what we
have done thus far for input and output. Eg  does the order of the input
match the order of input for our program, or is it put in so that the
program can deal with it and display it in the correct way or is the output
the best way to show the results for our audience?????

Most of what you have suggested is for electronic input and output which is
not necessarily what they had in mind. It would be too much for us to go
into the detail required to adequately cover XLS or FP7 or some of the other
formats, particularly to year 12s. We could only be expected to do it
superficially.

I would be interested to hear from Paula or others from VCAA as to the
intent of this dot point, and also what Adrian has done in his new book.

Cheers Don