[Year 12 SofDev] PDA vs Mobile phone in Q C6

Mark Kelly kel at mckinnonsc.vic.edu.au
Fri Nov 16 23:46:36 EST 2007

Kevin Feely wrote:
> Hi
> I think the trouble may be - When is a mobile phone not a PDA or When is
> a PDA not a mobile phone
> Define the difference between the 2 and i think we will have a result
> Modern phones are practically PDA's - you would have to go back 5 years
> t find phones unable to do PDA tasks
> todays phones can upload and download PC programs, have memory,
> processing and storage facilities incl calendars, contacts, scheduling,
> appointments etc
> doesnt help does it?
> kev

Nope  :-)  But thanks for trying!

That's the problem. Technology has marched on faster than the examiners
could keep up.  Nowadays, phone = PDA, near as dammit.

> Mark Kelly wrote:
>> I'm having trouble trying to find 2 advantages for mobile phones that
>> I haven't already used for the PDA (data immediacy, convenient size,
>> long battery life etc)
>>
>> I don't know what the examiners would do if I repeated the PDA's
>> advantages for the phone, but I'm trying not to repeat myself just in
>> case.

> opening or using attachments check them for viruses and defects.
> Regardless of any loss, damage or consequence, whether caused by the
> negligence of the sender or not, resulting directly or indirectly from
> the use of any attached files our liability is limited to resupplying
> any affected attachments. Any representations or opinions expressed are
> those of the individual sender, and not necessarily those of the
> Department of Education and Early Childhood Development.
> Authority and
> http://www.vitta.org.au/vce/studies/infotech/softwaredevel3-4.html  -
> VITTA Victorian Information Technology Teachers Association Inc

Manager - Information Systems
McKinnon Secondary College
McKinnon Rd, McKinnon 3204, Victoria, Australia
Direct line / Voicemail: 8520 9085
School Phone +613 8520 9000, Fax +613 95789253
kel AT mckinnonsc.vic.edu.au

IT Lecture notes: http://vceit.com
Moderator: IT Applications Mailing List

1. Education is an admirable thing, but remember that nothing that is
worth knowing can be taught - Oscar Wilde
2. I make trouble.  You want some?