[Year 12 SofDev] SD Exam - Question C1c and AQ2

Mark Kelly kel at mckinnonsc.vic.edu.au
Fri Nov 16 23:07:02 EST 2007

Close enough...

http://www.mckinnonsc.vic.edu.au/vceit/postmortems/2007ita/index.htm

Kevin Feely wrote:
> Hi
> Thanks - i concede - oh and BTW could anyone post, fax, scan-email me a
> copy of the Applications exam?
> kev
>

> Selina Dennis wrote:
>> I have to disagree with WikiPedia. While I can see the concept of
>> "implementation" could contain all of the development, testing and
>> deployment, and hence mean "implementation of the entire design", in most
>> software development projects/life cycles, the implementation process
>> occurs
>> after testing - hence, is synonymous with deployment. However, I do
>> concede
>> the point that the question was slightly ambiguous, and some students
>> could
>> have read coding as 'implementation'.
>>
>> If you go by the SoftDev study design, the SDLC is ADDTDIE. Hence,
>> students
>> would need to separate implementation from development and place it in a
>> position that relates to 'deployment'. As "coding" isn't part of the
>> acronym, students would be incorrect in selecting C as the "best" answer.
>> That's not to say it's not a valid answer, but it's not the best
>> according
>> to the glossary they are (unfortunately) meant to know by rote.
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>> Selina Dennis
>> Strathmore Secondary College

>>> Authority
>>> and
>>> http://www.vitta.org.au/vce/studies/infotech/softwaredevel3-4.html  -
>>>
>> VITTA
>>
>>> Victorian Information Technology Teachers Association Inc

>>> Authority
>>>
>> and
>>
>>> http://www.vitta.org.au/vce/studies/infotech/softwaredevel3-4.html  -
>>>
>> VITTA Victorian Information Technology Teachers Association Inc
>>

>> Important - This email and any attachments may be confidential. If
>> received
>> in error, please contact us and delete all copies. Before opening or
>> using
>> attachments check them for viruses and defects. Regardless of any loss,
>> damage or consequence, whether caused by the negligence of the sender or
>> not, resulting directly or indirectly from the use of any attached
>> files our
>> liability is limited to resupplying any affected attachments. Any
>> representations or opinions expressed are those of the individual sender,
>> and not necessarily those of the Department of Education and Early
>> Childhood
>> Development.
>> Authority
>> and
>> http://www.vitta.org.au/vce/studies/infotech/softwaredevel3-4.html  -
>> VITTA
>> Victorian Information Technology Teachers Association Inc

>> Authority and
>> http://www.vitta.org.au/vce/studies/infotech/softwaredevel3-4.html  -
>> VITTA Victorian Information Technology Teachers Association Inc

> opening or using attachments check them for viruses and defects.
> Regardless of any loss, damage or consequence, whether caused by the
> negligence of the sender or not, resulting directly or indirectly from
> the use of any attached files our liability is limited to resupplying
> any affected attachments. Any representations or opinions expressed are
> those of the individual sender, and not necessarily those of the
> Department of Education and Early Childhood Development.
> Authority and
> http://www.vitta.org.au/vce/studies/infotech/softwaredevel3-4.html  -
> VITTA Victorian Information Technology Teachers Association Inc

Manager - Information Systems
McKinnon Secondary College
McKinnon Rd, McKinnon 3204, Victoria, Australia
Direct line / Voicemail: 8520 9085
School Phone +613 8520 9000, Fax +613 95789253
kel AT mckinnonsc.vic.edu.au

IT Lecture notes: http://vceit.com
Moderator: IT Applications Mailing List

1. Education is an admirable thing, but remember that nothing that is
worth knowing can be taught - Oscar Wilde
2. I make trouble.  You want some?