[Year 12 SofDev] We're allowed to discuss the exam

Kevork Krozian kevork at edulists.com.au
Fri Nov 16 22:56:04 EST 2007

Hi Kevin,

 > Kevork Krozian wrote:
>>
>>      2. Section B  Q 5 - rather unclear. Was the teacher's job
>> description to develop the admin system and support it or was it done
>> voluntarily over and above the job description ? Depending on the answer
>> to that question , the answer will vary and may be entirely different .
>>

> As an employed teacher all materials you develop within your employment or
> for the school become the property of DEECD (our has the name changed
> again in the last 24 hours?) Unless you specifically hire yourself to them
> as a contractor to develop a program and it is "sold" to the school under
> a commercial agreement
> BUT would the kids know this?

That would complicate matters more would it not ? The poor teacher is taking
his product to another DEECD school isn't he or is it a private school he is
moving to now ? If he is working for DEECD then all DEECD schools should
have access to it I would have thought. Then again, the more I think about
this the more confusing it becomes. Why ? Because the information needed to
select the correct answer with the application of the Copyright Amendment
(Digital Agenda) Act 2000 missing.