[Opensource] Testing Software

Colin C Consiglio Colin_C_Consiglio at yahoo.com.au
Tue Sep 23 12:14:59 EST 2008

G'day Jack,

Have you tried  a google search for resources?..

http://www.google.com.au/search?hl=en
<http://www.google.com.au/search?hl=en&q=TOEFL&btnG=Google+Search&meta>
&q=TOEFL&btnG=Google+Search&meta=

many freebies appear to be available though many web based.. thus might
inflate your data traffic,

Consider using PodProducer nice freeware that I've in classes used for the
last few years, easy to record, easy to playback, many playdecks.

New version seems to have been released back in May this year, see
http://www.podproducer.net home page for details.,

This site http://radio.about.com/od/recordingsoftware/a/aa012206a.htm
describes the features in a nutshell.

I can "see" this application covering items 1 and 2 in your mail.

Using Moodle ( yes Jack!, you were right that Moodle would take off) you
could integrate the teacher's prerecorded items and store the students
verbal answers..

http://hotpot.uvic.ca/ for Hot Potatoes might be a goer.   I'm pretty sure
it's a freebie as long as you agree to make any lesson created availe to the
wider community..

Have you tried  a google search for resources?..

http://www.google.com.au/search?hl=en
<http://www.google.com.au/search?hl=en&q=TOEFL&btnG=Google+Search&meta>
&q=TOEFL&btnG=Google+Search&meta=

many freebies appear to be available though many web based.. thus might
inflate your data traffic,

Don't think any of these items are Opensource, but.. Good luck..

 C 3

Colin C Consiglio

Teaching ICT, Mathematics & Science @

Bayside Secondary College