[Opensource] Moodle Teaching Techniques - Book review

Roland Gesthuizen rgesthuizen at gmail.com
Sun Mar 2 14:24:46 EST 2008

There have been some good discussions on this list about resources and books
to support an opensource suite of tools. Here is an interesting book review
about Moodle. I am sourcing a copy for our school library and staff. :-)

Regards Roland

http://www.freesoftwaremagazine.com/articles/book_review_moodle_teaching_techniques

Moodle is a well-known and widely used online Course Management System. It
is based on Apache and PHP and is normally associated with a MySQL database
and GNU/Linux. The application has high market penetration and recognition,
especially for schools. However, no matter how good a tool is, a poor
teacher will only generate painful online learning experience. Moodle
Teaching Techniques published by Packt and authored by William H. Rice IV
focuses on best practices for constructing learning solutions.
[image: The book's
cover]<http://www.freesoftwaremagazine.com/files/www.freesoftwaremagazine.com/nodes/2542/cover.jpg>

http://www.westallsc.vic.edu.au