[Moodle] Dear moodle - How do I love thee? Let me count the ways.

Kevork Krozian Kroset at novell1.fhc.vic.edu.au
Fri Mar 6 09:27:49 EST 2009

Hi Ros,

 For a while now I have tried to build a teacher ICT skill set as a
wiki - www.edulists.com.au , left side "Teacher ICT Skills".
Can I add these to the list and then we can get to see how teachers who
don't have these skills can acquire them !

Wow, how exciting !

Kevork Krozian
IT Manager , Forest Hill College
k.krozian at fhc.vic.edu.au
http://www.fhc.vic.edu.au
Mobile: 0419 356 034

>>> Ros Meadows <ros.meadows at gmail.com> 5/03/2009 6:33 pm >>>
Thanks Laurie, I realised that the google docs is only accessible to
those with google accounts, so here is the document, feel free to add if
you like
Ways moodle can be used/Things moodle can do

a complete online learning tool
file sharing - all types of files inc doc, ppt, audio, images,
animation, movies etc
links to websites or other sites on your network
replaces school intranet/extranet
assignments - students can submit files, which you can assess & provide
feedback online
moodle gradebook
attendance
calendar
HOTPOT Quizzes - you set them, kids do them, moodle does the rest
(assessment, recording, feedback)
glossary for your subject
wiki for your subject
forums for class discussion or debate topics eg should it be legal to
download mp3 files?
blogs
eportfolios (using either Mahara or Exabis)
Meeting Room Booking System (to book rooms and or facilities, equipment
etc)
Bookclub
podcasting
weekly or topic format for courses
parent sign on (using mentee)
integration with google apps
also see Laurie's ppt
also see Tomaz Lasic Videos on YouTube "How can moodle change a school"
Parts 1 & 2 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XjLukDNtf3k
please feel free to add more .........

Cheers
Ros
BSC

Laurie Savage wrote:
Here*s my two bob*s worth. It*s the intro to training sessions
I*m running at our college.

Laurie