[Moodle] LAMS installation troubles

laurie Savage sav at pvgc.vic.edu.au
Fri Dec 5 18:45:59 EST 2008

I guess this is Moodlish!

I'm playing with integrating LAMS and Moodle but am having a lot of
problems with the LAMS installation. I can't work out where it puts all
its config files on my Ubuntu system.

I followed Donna's suggestions on tweaking MySQL with huge performance
boosts (thanks Donna) but that meant I use IPs rather than "localhost" for
mysql users. I can't for the life of me find this line in in a
non-existant lams.properties on my system so I can change "localhost" to
127.0.0.1.
          SQL_URL=jdbc:mysql://localhost/${DB_NAME}?characterEncoding=utf8

Neither can I find the MySQL password for the lams db user (you don't get
prompted for one on installation). Despite the online info there is no
/etc/lams2 or /usr/share/lams2/config and nothing in the /usr/local or
/usr/share/doc directories. (I really don't enjoy Java apps)

I could untweak MySQL and comment out "skip-name-resolve" and reinstate my
"localhost" users but I just don't want  to!

--
Laurie Savage
=