[Moodle] Moving a moodle site from one computer to another

laurie Savage sav at pvgc.vic.edu.au
Fri Dec 5 18:29:24 EST 2008

I've just been practising this prior to a rebuild. As long as you do
everything in the right sequence it works OK. Are you keeping all the
settings the same? Open your config.php if you're not sure where your
Moodle keeps its data.
     Copy the data directory to the new machine.
     Back up the old database.
     Create the database, user privileges etc on the new machine
     Restore the database to the new machine (I use mysql so I issue mysql
-u User -pPassword moodledb < moodle_backup.sql )
     Download and unpack the new moodle.
     Visit the site and let it do its magic.
Happy Moodling!
--