[Moodle] Daily Bulletin on Moodle - whats the best method ?

Roland Gesthuizen rgesthuizen at gmail.com
Sun May 7 15:27:22 EST 2006

We currently print out a paper staff bulletin that gets pinned up around the
school notice boards next to the list of daily extras etc. Staff explore the
archive by lifing back the top copy.

There is general agreement that they should be archived on our Intranet but
nobody really wants a collection of documents / PDFs or more e-mail to read.
I like the idea of the wiki .. should be as easy as cutting and pasting by
the office staff. Perhaps we should limit the news forum to important alerts
and use the wiki as the long term e-parking place for these bulletin
anouncements.

Somebody once described a wiki as the grafitti board posted on the hot water
urn.. a kind of board where people pin up notices and other staff annotate
little notes. I like this analogy as it reflects how a Wiki can work best by
handing control, back to the users. It is an interesting thought to allow
staff to edit their own news bulletin. At the end of each day, printing out
the copy to be posted on our noticeboards.

Regards Roland