[Moodle] Ideal Server Specs for Moodle?

Con Zymaris conz at cyber.com.au
Tue Feb 28 11:45:43 EST 2006

On Tue, Feb 28, 2006 at 11:41:20AM +1100, Laurie Savage wrote:
> Mandrake is nice, we've started putting Ubuntu/Edubuntu or the latest
> Debian on some boxes. I find their "apt-get" system of updating a lot
> more friendly than Mandrake/Mandriva's "urpmi" which sometimes breaks.
>
> Our moodle runs smoothly on Fedora Core 2 with a but I'm going to have
> to update the OS eventually because of Red Hat's legacy policy. I'll
> definitely stay with Debian or Ubuntu.
>
> Laurie

Have a look at installing yumex and using yum if you stick with FC.

FC4 with yumex is quite nice ;-)

 http://fedoranews.org/tchung/yumex/
 http://images.google.com/images?client=opera&rls=en&q=yumex&sourceid=opera&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&sa=N&tab=wi

And if you really want a slower development/release/legacy cycle,
check out CentOS, which is a clone of Red Hat Enterprise Linux.

Cheers,

Con Zymaris

- CEO, Cybersource Pty. Ltd.
- Director, Open Source Industry Australia, Limited.
- Convenor, Open Source Victoria (A Government-funded industry cluster.)