[Moodle] avi in Moodle

Philip Brown BROWN-PH at oxley.vic.edu.au
Mon Nov 7 07:45:00 EST 2005

Con is right. You won't need to convert your files to SWF if you have
the associated movie player on the desktop. However if the file is a few
Megs then downloading may be an issue. Try to keep downloads as small as
possible in case students want to view them from home over a slower
connection.

Phil Brown
Oxley College

On Fri, Nov 04, 2005 at 03:09:25PM +1100, Maggie Iaquinto wrote:
> One of our teachers wishes to store a movie in one of our courses
and
> make it available for students to view.
>
> I've read some messages to the Moodle forums about converting such
> files to flv (flash video) or swf and all.

I would pressume that Moodle can store any form of digital content as
file (PDF, DOC, XLS). If so, why not keep the movie in its existing
format?

Con Zymaris <conz at cyber.com.au> Level 4, 10 Queen St, Melbourne,
Australia
Cybersource: Australia's Leading Linux and Open Source Solutions
Company
Web: http://www.cyber.com.au/  Phone: 03 9621 2377   Fax: 03 9621 2477