[Year 12 IT Apps] Post Mortem - ITA section A

Langham, Peter P langham.peter.p at edumail.vic.gov.au
Sat Nov 8 19:50:45 EST 2014

Mark, I agree that the wording is not right with this question.

By definition, a calculated field will need to have the calculation performed to generate the result of the calculation. This may be inefficient as it requires processing power to generate the result, but it is effective as it ensures an accurate calculation (assuming accurate data has been entered into the fields used in the calculation). As the data is being calculated each time it’s being viewed, it’s not being stored in the database -  hence, we’re not introducing redundant data into the system.

Hopefully all students will be awarded a mark for this question.

However, I disagree with your answer to Q16.

It’s the question on Test Data for sorting.

Option A includes Barnley, Burnley, Barnley as its test data. That second datum is Burnley rather than Barnley.

Option A shows us both, that the data will be sorted, and how it will handle repeating data.

Option C shows only that the data will be sorted.