[Year 12 IT Apps] Post Mortem - ITA section A

Mark mark at vceit.com
Sat Nov 8 16:54:33 EST 2014

Hi all. I've carved up ITA section A so far...

http://www.vceit.com/p/postmortem-2014i.htm

GOOD - Some meaty and challenging questions.

BAD - Did anyone else notice there were *FOUR* questions on
efficiency/effectiveness? A4, A8, A10 and A13. This pointless redundancy is
a serious flaw.

FATAL - I'm going to register a protest against A20. It is clearly
prejudiced against Filemaker Pro users, who HAVE NO CHOICE but to put
calculated fields into tables. IT'S HOW FILEMAKER WORKS!
Filemaker does NOT have queries like Access.
Furthermore, Filemaker does NOT store calculated data in the table, so it
is NOT redundant. Like Excel, calculated fields are evaluated dynamically,
when needed.

The examiners will be expecting answer B.
For Filemaker users, option D is correct and proper.
Markers need to be aware of this and mark appropriately.

mark AT vceit DOT com
http://vceit.com

*I love the sound of people's voices after they stop talking.*

I, Mark Kelly, am entirely responsible for the offensive verbiage I spew
forth.
Have I offended anyone with this post?  I would not be surprised.
If offended, please whinge to me at the email address above.
Please leave poor Kevork alone.  It is not his fault.