[Year 12 IT Apps] Hardware Failure

Roland Gesthuizen rgesthuizen at gmail.com
Thu Aug 29 17:17:23 EST 2013

Nice photograph Catherine,

it also reminds me when lightning struck Syndal High School, blowing out one network chip on all the computers that were connected together via an ethernet cable .. yep, ye olde bus cable topology. Wish we had the good sense to take a photograph. As it was, we only had to replace the one chip. Anybody guess what computers these were?

Regards Roland

Roland Gesthuizen | eLearning Leader
Keysborough College DEECD
http://about.me/rgesthuizen

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world; indeed it is the only thing that ever has." --Margaret Mead