[Year 12 IT Apps] Outcome 2

Christophersen, Paula P christophersen.paula.p at edumail.vic.gov.au
Mon Aug 26 17:55:46 EST 2013

Dear Robert, Mark and colleagues

After considerable discussion last year on this list, the matter was quite clearly resolved - the study design states 'organisations'. As previously mentioned, no detailed example in the Advice for Teachers is a complete task (for authentication reasons). The study design is mandatory; the Advice for Teachers is advisory.

The change from 'organisation' to 'organisations' was an intentional inclusion in the current study design (2011-15) to support greater flexibility in task design. If 'organisations' had been an error, the VCAA would have published an erratum in The Bulletin.

Teachers are advised that they must adhere to the current study design, and that it is the teacher's responsibility to ensure that the tasks selected or designed for coursework are compliant with the study design.

Regards
Paula

Paula Christophersen
Curriculum Manager, Digital Technologies
Victorian Curriculum and Assessment
Authority
2 Lonsdale Street
MELBOURNE 3000