[Year 12 IT Apps] Cloud computing (U4O2)

Robert Timmer-Arends timmer at westnet.com.au
Fri Mar 16 16:45:01 EST 2012

> The real shift has come because internet access is now close to
> ubiquitous.  Whereas 10 years ago, it was not always on for everyone at
> useful speeds.

Although only if you're in a developed country. I heard an interview the
other day about the Koney12 'documentary'. One of the interviewees was in
Uganda. He said that most Ugandans haven't seen it and possibly don't even
know about it - the country's IT infrastructure simply doesn't have pipes
big enough to run a 20min video thru'.

Regards
Robert T-A