[Year 12 IT Apps] Dreamspark

Roland Gesthuizen rgesthuizen at gmail.com
Mon May 4 09:52:58 EST 2009

Speaking of movies, I decided to try out the AtomicLearning series of flash
based video tutorials. Their collection is impressive, covering a lot of the
standard software stock but I spotted a huge swag of FLOSS or open-source
software tutorials that we use at our school including OpenOffice, Moodle,
Gimp and more.  I was able to configure to directly launch / login these
from Moodle :-)

Rather than ye olde commercial stuff that often gets repacked from the USA
and pushed on Austrlalian schools, this Oz/UK based group seems to have
fresher content with accents that are familiar and easier to understand for
our ESL students. My suspicition is that they employ teachers to assemble
the lesson plans and I think I have spotted an Australian amongst the team.
(grin)
    http://movies.*atomiclearning*.com <goog_1241390973695>

http://movies.atomiclearning.com
They offer a free demo subscription that is worth asking for.

Regards Roland

http://www.westallsc.vic.edu.au