[Year 12 IT Apps] Web Authoring software

Chris MILTON cm at sthelena.vic.edu.au
Fri May 1 14:00:23 EST 2009

Hi all,

Like many people I'm struggling with an enforced "upgrade" to VISTA this year meaning that all of MS Office, Access etc. has moved to 2007 version.

On top of this, I'm about to start teaching the web authoring part of U3O2 and have just discovered something called "expression web" to replace FrontPage.  Dreamweaver is also now a new version (CS4 I think) this year.  End result: none of my resources are useful now!

Any suggestions for web sites / tutorials on:

-          Expression web

-          Dreamweaver

Also, has anyone re-jigged their activities / practice-SACs for these new versions yet?

Via EDULISTS in 2007 I found this PDF document by Scott Vaughan BSSC with instructions on creating a Virtual Team website using MS FrontPage.  I don't suppose there is an update to this excellent resource is there?

Thanks for the help, regards,
Chris Milton
St Helena Secondary College