[Year 12 IT Apps] NEED IT JOB

Robert Hind robert at yinnar.com
Mon Jan 28 15:02:58 EST 2008

Barry,

You certainly have my sympathy on two fronts

1. The contract job rather than an on-going position. This is a terrible situation for many newer teachers caused essentially by the school based appointments system mixed with meagre school budgets that are determined annually on the basis of student numbers.

2. The Maths rather than the IT. Maths teachers are in short supply we hear, and Maths is a core subject that must be taught. So that is where you get put. When I started teaching, in a distant time long long ago, Maths and Science teachers were in short supply and the Dept had too many History teachers. So guess who ended up teaching junior Maths?

You could of course turn the job down now. But of course that leaves you up the creek without a paddle.

Best of luck

Robert Hind (Semi-retired)
Ex Traralgon and Ashwood