[Year 12 IT Apps] virutalising in MAC OS

Adam Barbary home at adambarbary.com
Fri Aug 1 20:15:54 EST 2008

Have tried both Parallels and VMware Fusion. I decided to go with
Fusion, it seems to have an edge with performance. My IT department
opted to spend money on a multi user license to cover all the Mac
Users, can't complain about that.. Set your XP VM at 512MB, any more
and the time to start and save increases. Check with your IT
department as to the licensing issue for XP. If they don't have a site
license that you can be covered by, Win XP used to cost around $35 for
a teacher. To boost your Mac, may I suggest you max out your RAM, it
is $100 well spent.

Adam Barbary
Viewbank College