[Year 12 IT Apps] Access Help Please!!!

Lesley Humphries humples at santamaria.vic.edu.au
Tue Feb 27 12:00:19 EST 2007

Hi Keith,

I did something like this a few weeks ago, but can't find it now. It is a fairly complicated statement that you put in a query. I originally found it by just googling something like "access database convert date of birth to age" and found the answer almost straight away. I'm sorry I haven't still got it.

Lesley

> Hi all you Access Experts.
> Three of us have a problem - how do we get Access to tell us which age
> group an individual belongs to (Junior 10-12, Intermediate 13-14, Senior
> 14-18) starting with date of birth (an entered field in the members
> table). We worked out how to create a query that would get current age
> based on date-now and dob, then selection based on a particular age
> range for criteria, but that simply gives me a list of member names who
> fall into
> that age group at any time. What I want to do is flow that information
> into something that will flow into a report, without having to manually
> look through the lists of names of members in a particular age group.
> Hope that isn't too complicated!
> Regards, Keith (for Keith, Henry & Diane)
> Keith Richardson

Ms Lesley Humphries
Learning Technologies Co-ordinator
Santa Maria College