[Year 12 IT Apps] my 2.98 cents worth..

Kent Beveridge kbeveridge at stbc.vic.edu.au
Fri Aug 10 15:47:36 EST 2007

By definition, a school is a place of learning and thereby hopefully achieving academic or tradebased moving in a forward direction!  That, to me, means it is not a gaming venue or an internet cafe!
If the students want to do free megavolume downloads or play non-education based games which are not specifically intended for education use during their lunchtime..I say let them do it at HOME!
Why? in 2 words...Budget Reasons!
I know I could go to the moral high ground of the good and bad programs out there but lets get real here folks..hopefully many parents see a school to be a place for learning (ie MAKE THE GAMES, dont just play them! etc) and not just for 8hrs of babysitting! Our responsibility is therefore to ensure that we encourage our pupils to explore and develop in a positive and perhaps even creative fashion.
Let them learn yes...but also, let us guide them to maximize their learning time and not to waste it!

Now, can I have my change from the 5 cents please!!
KB.

Kent Beveridge,
I.T. co-ordinator
St. Brigids Catholic Sec. College
Horsham
email.. kbeveridge at stbc.vic.edu.au

Wishes and Eggs, one you make and one you break!  A bit like promises.....

"This email and any attachments may be confidential.  You must not disclose or use the information in this email if you are not the intended recipient.  If you have received this email in error, please notify us immediately and delete the email and all copies.  The School does not guarantee that this email is virus or error free.  The attached files are provided and my only be used on the basis that the user assumes all responsibility for any loss, damage or consequence resulting directly or indirectly from the use of the attached files, whether caused by the negligence of the sender or not.  The content and opinions in this email are not necessarily those of the School."