[Year 12 Its] A radical approach to the course

Kevork Krozian kevork at edulists.com.au
Thu Mar 30 18:00:08 EST 2006

Hi Robert,

    Consider the following as part of the IT Systems course over the 3 terms
that school based learning and assesment is carried out :

 1. High end programming tasks in a true object oriented language such as
Java using both primitive and advanced data structures such as arrays,
records, arrays of records, vectors, writing to and retrieving from disk
files in both text and binary formats, building of truly intuitive GUIs with
menus, controls and validation such as drop down lists, process validation
with activation or deactivation of controls bases on actions on the GUI etc
etc
 2. Building real networks as part of the networking SACs (SAC31 and SAC42)
using cisco routers, switches, switching routers as used in SOHOs as well as
larger organisations, setting up wireless access points, configuring
security for these and demonstrating how simple 128bit wireless encryption
can be hacked in 3 minutes, demonstrating firewalls and configuration of
these.
 3. Carrying out SDLC examples using the case studies supplied by VITTA CD ,
amongst others as offered on the lists
 4. Teaching IT Systems students who are also Cisco CCNA students with
average scores of 95% for Cisco networking assessment tasks.

  and the students who average 96 - 97 % in these SACs score a final study
score of 38 - 40 meaning there are a further 8% of the IT Systems cohort who
are higher performers in the Study of Information Systems ( score of 40
meaning you are in the top 8% of performance in that subject )
  Can anyone maybe explain how this happens if not for lack of working out
the types of answers the examiners prefer ?

Best Wishes
Kevork Krozian
Mailing List Creator and Administrator
kevork at edulists.com.au