[Year 12 Its] A radical approach to the course

Keith Richardson keithcr at fastmail.fm
Thu Mar 30 17:40:54 EST 2006

Hi Robert.
Actually, <<taking tongue out of cheek>> I do agree with you. I LOVE
teaching courses that have no examination or tests but rely totally on
enthusing the kids. I am fortunate enough to have this as electives at
Yr 8, 9 and 10, so in theory the kids doing them are there because they
want to be, and are creating things they want to creatre, and are
learning techniques because they matter to them.
The above only falls down when an honest one says to you "I am only
doing your subject because I don't like the other alternatives, and I
really don't want to be doing this either!" Such is life!
However, with the vce classes, I like to regard exam technique as a
valid part of what I am teaching.
Keith